Whilst founded in the 1950’s, The RoundUp Store was opened in its current Shelby location in 1978. Jack Hunt originally “rounded up” salvage from fire and water damaged businesses, hence the name. In the early days the store featured everything from women’s clothes to children’s shoes and canned goods. By the time the current location was established, the business had migrated to supplying specialty building products. Cabinet grade plywood, kitchen and bathroom cabinets, paneling and Masonite siding were the core products offered to local remodelers and builders. Over the years’ new items were added and manufacturing of storage buildings, kitchen, bathroom cabinets and chicken coops was begun. In addition to the original items today’s eclectic mix of products for the Do It Yourselfers (DIY) covers a wide range of items from laminate flooring to concrete steps and railings, a windows and doors design center and bird houses.